Easy, chewy, no rolling butter cookies. Peppermint White Chocolate Cookies are perfect for the holidays.
Peppermint White Chocolate Cookies have some of the staple flavors of the holidays. Plus, these are very easy. You mix up your dough, wrap it in plastic wrap, let it chill, cut and bake. No rolling, no cookie cutters, Just slice off the rolled up log and you have great cookies. Peppermint is definitely my favorite holiday flavors. It’s warm and comforting to me. Plus, by this point in the holiday season I’m starting to get over the Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger. I mean we use them so much during the fall I need a change.
You read that right these Peppermint White Chocolate Cookies require NO rolling or cookie cutters!
- The biggest part of this recipe is the crushed peppermints. As you can see I leave some bigger chunks of peppermint when I crush mine.
- That being said when the peppermint chunks cook in the oven they will melt and become a toffee like texture once it cools.
- If you don’t like the chew of a caramel or toffee put your crushed peppermint through a sieve so that you only have the powder. This will give you flavor without the bites of peppermint
- Once your dough is mixed up, roll it into a log and cover with plastic wrap. You’ll want to chill it until it is solid again. Usually about 2 hours.
- Once its chilled preheat your oven to 350ºF and line your cookie sheet with parchment.
- Trust me you want parchment the peppermint bits get very sticky and even on a greased pan it sticks if it complete cools off. Trust me. I made some mistakes in this process. (My new cookie sheet has nothing to do with it either. 😂)
If you need some warm me up soup before you dive into these chewy cookies check out Barrel Full of Apples Spicy White Chicken Chili. I can tell you it is delicious!
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Red Velvet Truffles
- Dairy-Free Hot Chocolate Mix: With a Sugar-Free Option!
- Ginger Lemon Honey Syrup
- Veggie and Rice Casserole
- English Muffins
Peppermint White Chocolate Cookies
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter Room Temperature
- 1 Cup Powder Sugar
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 36 Peppermints Crushed
- Cream the butter and powder sugar together. (About 3-5 minutes)
- Add the salt and vanilla extract. Combine.
- Mix in the Flour.
- Mix in the White Chocolate Chips.
- Mix in the crushed peppermints. (see notes 1)I usually do this by hand, because the dough becomes very thick and a mixer doesn’t incorporate it as well as I, personally, like.
- Dump your dough out on a piece of plastic wrap and form it into a log.
- Wrap it up in the plastic wrap and chill until the butter is solid. (At least 1-2 hours, Preferred overnight)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment or a liner. I use a silicon liner for these cookies because it helps them not brown as much on the bottom.
- Cut disk off your log ¼-½ inch thick. I use non-waxed, unflavored dental floss so I don’t end up with that flat edge from the pressure of the knife, and it helps with the thinner cuts.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes taking them out when they’re just set in the middle. Let sit on the tray for about 5-8 minutes until the cookies are set, but not cool. Transfer to a plate to finish cooling.
- When the peppermints bake they will melt and become almost toffee like in texture once cooled. If you don’t like that type of chew shift your crushed peppermints so that you only have the fine powder and no chunks.