Pecan Pie is my families FAVORITE! That being said we haven’t changed our go to recipe since before I was born. This recipe is my Great Aunts, Aunt Nellie. Now all that being said we have tried other recipes, but none of them were what we thought of as a good pecan pie. This is the pie we all have grown to associate with that craving of pecan pie. Honestly it’s the easiest pie recipe I make. Well, Baking pies. 😂
If you want to make your own crust check out my shortcrust tutorial. It’s the perfect pairing for this Pecan Pie
- Look at that mixture! Honestly it is kinda heaven. You know the sugar and butter heaven. This mixture practically is nothing but sugar and butter.
- That being said you mix everything together and it’s ready. Super easy, no waiting, special equipment needed.
- TIP: When measuring the Dark Corn Syrup spray your measuring cup with nonstick spray first. It comes out much easier.
- The pie filling will ballon in the oven, but do not fear that you’ve over filled. It’ll deflate as it cools. It’s normal.
Pecan Pie is not the only pie at our family gatherings. We also have Apple Pie and Pumpkin Pie (KETO!) I also know that Family gathering however you choose to do them this year can get pricey. So check out this Meal Planning Guide to help you save a little this time of year, without sacrificing taste and quality.
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Red Velvet Truffles
- Dairy-Free Hot Chocolate Mix: With a Sugar-Free Option!
- Ginger Lemon Honey Syrup
- Veggie and Rice Casserole
- English Muffins
- 1 Pie Crust For a 9 Inch Pie plate
- 1½ Cup Pecans Chopped
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Dark Corn Syrup
- 3 Large Eggs
- 4 Tbsp Butter Melted
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a 9 Inch pie plate
- Line your pie plate with the crust and crimp the edges to your desire. Line with parchment, fill with baking weights (I use Dried Beans), and bake in the preheated oven for 13 minutes.I use my recipe for a shortcrust pastry for the crust.
- Remove the baking weights and parchment. Place back in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Mix together the Sugar, Eggs, Dark Corn Syrup, Vanilla, Melted Butter, and Pecans.
- After 7 minutes pull the crust out of the oven, pour the pecan mixture into the crust and place in back in the oven (still 350°F) for 45-55 minutes. Bake until just set in the middle.
- Allow to cool before serving.