My first memories of Apple Cider is with my grandmother. We were watching tv, and I declared that we were gonna have a tea party. Well, she didn’t have any tea; I’m to young for coffee. Thus we had APPLE CIDER! In the middle of the Summer in lots dresses. It’s one of my closest memories with her. Now, the first cup I have every season is outside with the gentle breeze and a cinnamon candle burning. I just sit with my memories and enjoy that first cup in simple bliss.
Apple Cider is my FAVORITE fall drink! As a kid and freshman college student I always used those powered packets with hot water out of the coffee maker. Let’s talk about how much process junk that was. Fast forward to post graduation when I had access to a full kitchen. I figured out how to cut out most of the pre processed things
I tried probably 5 different ways to make Apple Cider; this is the tastiest and easiest way I’ve found to make it from “scratch”
- This recipe could not be easier. A few easily found ingredients and you’re on your way!!
- Now I start with Apple Juice because Apple cider has ready been spiced and further processed than the juice, but it does come down to preference.
- I also make sure that my Juice is 100% juice with NO ADDED SUGAR/SWEETENERS.
Now about these spices.
- Now, I just drop all my whole spices in the pot. But you can put yours in cheese cloth if you really really want to.
- Here’s why you poke the cloves into the orange. It pierces the skin and lets a little orange flavor out with it becoming overwhelming AND you don’t have to deal with making sure you don’t get any pith like you would if you were to zest the orange and just drop it all in. But you do you.
The spices in this Apple Cider goes great with these Snickerdoodles! Now that all of that is said. If Apple isn’t your thing. Check out my Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe!
Now I know you’re thinking about what would be good for super on these cooler days. This Spicy White Chicken Chili is AMAZING! Add in some extra cheese and sour cream when serving and it’s the best. AND SO EASY!
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Red Velvet Truffles
- Dairy-Free Hot Chocolate Mix: With a Sugar-Free Option!
- Ginger Lemon Honey Syrup
- Veggie and Rice Casserole
- English Muffins
Quick and Easy Apple Cider
- 8 Cups Apple Juice 100% Juice!!
- 5 Sticks Cinnamon 3” Sticks
- 12 Whole Clove
- 20 Whole Allspice Berries
- 1 Medium Orange
- Stick the cloves into the orange and put everything into a pot
- Bring to a simmer and simmer for 40 minutes to an hour.
- Pull out the spices and store refrigerated in an airtight container.
- Enjoy hot or cold!!